Biotene Antiseptic Oral Gel has been shown to have antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, and is the most effective way to aid in the treatment of several oral infections. This potent enzyme formula fights against the effects of several oral infections, such as halitosis, gingivitis, periodontal disease, and stomatitis. It will treat even the most severe infections of the mouth, without using alcohol, antibiotics or chlorhexidine, a substance often used in oral rinses that can actually cause an increase in the staining of teeth.
This oral gel contains Lysozyme, a naturally-occurring enzyme found in egg whites. It destroys the cell walls of some bacteria and acts as a mild antiseptic. It also utilizes Lactoperoxidase, which is an enzyme that functions as a natural antibacterial agent and is used for treating gingivitus and paradentosis. It is used as both a toothpaste and mouth rinse to help reduce oral bacteria, so it combats the acid produced by that bacteria. Lactoferrinan is an iron-binding protein that works against antimicrobial activity by withholding iron from bacteria and fungi. Biotene Oral Gel also contains Glucose Oxidase, which oxidizes glucose to gluconic acid, resulting in the formation of hydrogen peroxide. It is used to remove traces of glucose, or sugar, from food.
Biotene Antiseptic Oral Gel uses science to provide your pet with effective, natural oral hygiene care. It has been found to be both safe and effective in treatments of even the worst cases of oral infections. For other oral care options that don't need brushing, follow up with Biotene Veterinarian Therapeutic Mouthwash, Drinking Water Additive, and Maintenance Oral Gel.
Consult with your veterinarian
Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolsate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sorbitol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Dextrose, Aloe Vera, Potassium Iodide, Lysozyme, Lactoperoxidase, Lactoferrin, Glucose Oxidase.
Very pleased with this product
My dog had developed a sore on her outer gum. I did a search on oral care products and the description for this seemed appropriate for her problem. It worked great! Her sore went away! I am so glad I found this product! Thank you!
after just TWO days my jack russell's breath is fresher!
I have a 15 yr old jack russell. I took her in at the age of two and even then her breath warned me she probably would have dental issues.I have been using biotene for humans for 5 plus years and thank god I researched and learned not for dog consumption due to xythol.I wish biotene would label this fact on human products, It could kill your dog. When I saw biotene for dogs I knew it would be an effective product and it is just after two days. Don't hesitate in trying this product. And the best part she likes the taste and will lick the gel off the palm of my hand.
No need for oral surgery!
I originally bought this product to combat a horrible case of periodontal disease for one of my dogs. I adopted her from a shelter when she was 5, and she was in rough shape. When I brought her in to the vet for the first time, the vet said that the plaque could only be removed by oral surgery, but this actually took most of it off. It's the first product I've tried that actually gave visible results. Now I use it regularly on both of my dogs, for upkeep and preventative measures.