Essential Oils for Oily Skin
No matter the skin type, it is often a difficult task to find a skin regimen to combat oily skin. Luckily, essential oils for oily skin are cheap and natural alternatives to expensive products from the drug store. Not only do essential oils help your skin, they provide your body with several other benefits through aromatherapy. Several essential oils for oily skin are listed below with their specific properties.
Skin becomes oily when there is an overproduction of sebum, a mixture of waxes and fats created in the sebaceous glands that is necessary for proper functioning and protection of the skin. Overabundance of it can leave skin looking and feeling greasy. A variety of factors can influence sebum production: heredity, hormone production, or improper skin cleansing and maintenance.
If you’re sick of trying every skin product on the market and seeing no results, read on to learn how essential oils for oily skin can help you.
|Buy our Essential Oils for Oily Skin Starter Kit|
• Cypress Oil inhibits the sebaceous glands from secreting oil. It has astringent and antiseptic qualities, which are ideal for removing excess oil from the skin and for neutralizing bacteria that cause skin eruptions.
• Geranium Oil is a gentle astringent that helps keep skin clear and smooth.
• Lavender Oil is a well-known skin normalizer, known for its amazing skin calming abilities. It can be used for acne, oily skin and even dry skin.
• Tea Tree Oil is a natural antiseptic and anti-fungal.
Experiment with various combinations to find out what oils work best for your skin.
- Blend 3 drops of Cypress Oil, 3 drops of Lavender Oil and a tablespoon of Grapeseed Oil. Rub into problem areas.
- Blend 3 drops of Geranium Oil, 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil with a tablespoon of Grapeseed Oil. Rub into problem areas.
These oils have a number of other health benefits (especially in stress reduction) and can be used to treat other various skin problems. Remember to use a carrier oil, such as grapeseed extract, if applying them directly to your skin to prevent irritation. Give these essential oils for oily skin a try today.