Soft Chews for Digestive Support
Good digestion is the key for your pet’s active lifestyle! Digestive problems such as vomiting and diarrhea should not be ignored in your pet. Digestive issues will drain your pet’s energy and can be an indicator of larger issues, such as a gastro intestinal disease, inflamed pancreas or irritable bowel syndrome.
Probiotics deliver beneficial bacteria to your pet’s digestive system and often have a remarkable impact on your dog’s digestion. Supplementing your dog regularly with Probiotic Soft Chews will help maintain a good appetite, digestion and overall health.
Benefits of Probiotic Soft Chews for Dogs
- 1. This product is enriched with beneficial bacteria (Probiotic) and inulin (Prebiotic). These natural friendly bacteria help the pet to maintain a healthy digestion and overall wellness.
- 2. The Prebiotic inulin in this product is a complex sugar; the Probiotic bacteria utilize this complex sugar as a nutrient source. This helps the beneficial bacteria to establish colonies in the gut, which improves and supports the digestive system of your dog for the long term.
- 3. These soft chews are very useful to calm your pet during stressful situations such as traveling, kenneling, training, post antibiotic therapy, deworming and during digestive upsets.
What are the best times to give the Probiotic Supplement?
- 1. At birth: Puppies have a sterile gut when they are born. Normally puppies derive bacteria from the mother and also from the environment around them. When supplemented by Probiotics, puppies get a better head start. Supplementing your newborn puppy with probiotics lower the likelihood of stomach upsets and diarrhea.
- 2. Stressful Situations: Dogs go through a lot of stress during specific situations like kenneling, visits to the vet, post antibiotic therapy, post deworming, diet change, whelping, nursing and intense training. This kind of stress leads to diarrhea and stomach upsets. Providing Probiotics during such situations will offer great digestive support to your dogs.
- 3. Post Antibiotic Therapy: A broad spectrum antibiotic has a tendency, not only to kill the pathogens, but also to wipe off the beneficial bacteria in the gut. This leads to depressed appetite and poor digestion. Supplementing Probiotics after the antibiotic therapy helps to reestablish the bacteria in the gut.
How to select the Best Probiotic Supplement?
Probiotics is viable bacteria and in today’s fast growing market, there are so many products available, so how do you pick the right one? You need to consider the following when purchasing your Probiotics.
- 1. Choose supplements manufactured by a reputed company that bases its formulation on Science and Research.
- 2. Check the manufacturer for accreditations and memberships such as ISO certifications, NASC and BBB memberships.
- 3. Probiotic bacteria are delicate organisms that must survive the rigors of manufacturing, shipping and storage. For best results find supplements with expiration dates that are as far in the future as possible.
- 4. Purchase from companies that store their Probiotics in a temperature controlled location.
- 5. Look for the largest variety of Probiotic species.
- 6. Pay attention to CFU’s (Colony Forming Units) per dose, the bigger the better!
- 7. If at all possible expedite shipping. This is not always necessary but some of the viable bacteria may die in temperatures above 80 degrees.
Our PSC Soft chews are veterinarian formulated products and we are committed to ensure the best health care for your pets!! Not to forget our manufacturing facilities are ISO-9001, NASC, FDA inspected, AAFCO regulated, cGMP and FAMI-QS certified. Buy today our PSCPets Probiotic Soft Chews for Dogs to improve your pet’s digestion!