Urinary Support for Pets
If your cat, for some reason urinates outside the litter box, or if he makes frequent trips to the litter box, it could be a sign for urinary infection. Dogs show more obvious signs than cats, due to their tendency to depend on the pet owner for care.
So what is UTI? Urinary Tract Infection is a common condition that occurs in dogs and cats. Causes could be many, including bacterial / viral infections, kidney stones and diabetes.
Senior pets frequently show signs of poor urinary health due to age and low immunity. They usually tend to pass urine while sleeping, or leak urine without control. This is common in spayed female dogs and cats.
Depending on the cause and extent of the problem, pets can suffer pain and fever. This is especially true when the infection is due to kidney stones.
Warning Signs of Urinary Tract Infection
- 1. Frequent urination
- 2. Unusual urinating patterns
- 3. Dark and cloudy urine
- 4. Blood spots in urine
- 5. Pain / difficulty in passing urine freely
- 6. Crying while passing urine
- 7. Dripping urine
- 8. Lethargy, loss of appetite and vomiting
- 9. Unusual thirst
- 10. Bad urine odors
Urinary Health Hazards:
If neglected, urinary health may take a turn for the worse and lead to the following issues:
- 1. Developing urinary stones
- 2. Urinary bladder cancer
- 3. Renal dysfunction
- 4. Dysuria – painful urination
- 5. Pollakiuria – abnormal frequent urination
- 6. Partial or complete blockage
Urinary Health Solutions
If you see any signs of urinary problems with your pet, please consult your vet. If your cat is trying to pass urine and is not able to void, he could be blocked and it is an emergency. He needs attention right away or it could be life threatening. This is common in male cats. If the cat is prone to develop stones, he needs special diet to prevent stone formation. Talk to your vet and he or she may advise special prescription diet to prevent stone formation in the kidneys.
- 1. Make sure your pet has plenty of fresh water to drink at all times.
- 2. Provide Urinary Health Supplements to offer the best urinary support to your pets and avoid bad infections and disease. Crananidin is made with cranberry extract and offers great urinary support for your dogs. PSCPets Urinary Support for Cats is also made with cranberry extract and well supports the kidney and urinary health of the cats.
- 3. NaturVet Cranberry Relief Powder offers the same protection for your pets.
- 4. Epakitin is an effective nutritional supplement that supports healthy kidney function and reduces the degeneration of it.
Good care with pet supplements and regular vet checkups can prevent UTI and if it continues to occur, following your vet’s advice will resolve the problem and get your pet back to normal health.