Read Entire Package Insert Carefully Before Using This Product
Orbeseal is a sterile, antibiotic-free, off-white smooth paste. It is presented, ready to use, in syringes, each containing 4 g of intramammary infusion composed of 65% Bismuth Subnitrate, in a mineral oil vehicle. Orbeseal is indicated as an aid in the prevention of new intramammary infection throughout the dry period by providing a malleable barrier in the teat canal. This results in a reduction in the incidence of clinical mastitis in the dry period.
It is recommended that Orbeseal be used as part of a herd approach to dry cow management and mastitis control.
WITHDRAWAL INFORMATION: For use in dry cows only. Zero-day milk and meat withdrawal when used alone. If Orbeseal is administered following an antibiotic infusion, the withdrawal periods for meat and milk for the antibiotic must be observed.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep out of reach of children. For animal treatment only. If Orbeseal gets on skin, wash with soap and warm water. If accidentally administered to a lactating cow, product can be stripped out by hand. A MSDS may be obtained by calling Pfizer Customer Support at 1-800-733-5500.
|Size||144 ct bucket|
Simple steps to avoid introducing infections during administration of intramammary infusions.
1. Do not place individual syringes in warm/hot water during cold weather.
2. Dry cows off abruptly rather than gradually.
3. Clean teat ends as thoroughly as possible with alcohol and leave to air dry. DO NOT use water with or without disinfectant.
4. Clean the two teats furthest away first, followed by the two closest.
5. Ensure the teats are clean and dry before infusing Orbeseal.
6. Infuse the teats in the opposite order to cleansing: i.e. infuse the closest two teats first, followed by the two furthest away.
7. After infusing, dip teats in teat dip or spray with disinfectant and leave cows standing in yard for at least half an hour to allow the teat canal to close.
8. Check cows regularly for signs of mastitis during the first week after drying off.
Use Only as Directed
Not for Human Use
Teat Sealant Device
Each syringe contains 4 g intramammary paste
Containing 65% Bismuth Subnitrate
For use in nonlactating dairy cattle
For animal use only
Excellent product that just simply works at preventing new mastitis infections
I am a consultant on many dairy farms and my clients with the best quality milk and lowest somatic cell count have several things in common. The main common thread is they all use orbeseal at dry off.