Use Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray for dry mouth relief! Biotene Moisturzing Mouth Spray is all natural
complete oral moisturizer for maximum hydration and protection. Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray helps refreshes and moistens instantly. Also, helps keep mouth odor-free protects up to 2 hours!
A New Source of Moisture For the Comfort And Health of Your Mouth.
- Restores Mouth Moisture
- 2 Hour Action*
- Soothes and Refreshes
- Contains Patented Salivary Enzymes
- Helps Protect Against Odor-Causing Bacteria
Each Biotene product contains the patented Biotene Triple Enzyme System, which comprises three enzymes and one protein that are found naturally in human saliva. These triple enzymes help to boost and maintain the vital antibacterial protection that is essential for a healthy mouth, at the same time providing the moisture essential for oral comfort.
The Biotene range of oral care products have been specially designed to both tackle the problem of discomfort from a dry mouth and the oral health problems caused by a lack of saliva in the mouth.
The Important Roles and Functions of Saliva
- Saliva is 99% water, and the other 1% is made of proteins like enzymes.
- Saliva is the source of the body’s major defence system. The enzymes in saliva reduce harmful bacteria, while leaving beneficial bacteria and helps maintain a healthy oral balance of flora.
- Saliva keeps the teeth and gums healthy and eliminates bad breath.
- Saliva also plays an important role in Digestion, Taste and Speech.
- The prolonged disruption to the normal flow of saliva will cause dry mouth, thereby lessening the protective action of the salivary enzyme system.
Shake twice before use. Spray directly into mouth whenever relief is needed
Water (Purified), Polyglycitol, Propylene Glycol, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Oil, Xylitol, Milk Protein Extract, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Acesulfame K, Flavor, Rosemary Extract, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Thiocyanate, Lysozyme, Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase
What is dry mouth?
Dry mouth is a persistent feeling that there is not enough saliva in your mouth, making talking and eating difficult or embarrassing. Saliva lubricates and protects your mouth from infection by bacteria, from chemicals in the atmosphere and from hot food and drinks. Saliva coats your teeth and protects them. Reduced saliva flow can damage mouth tissue, cause dental decay and contribute to bad breath.
What are the symptoms?
Sufferers often don't notice that they are suffering from dry mouth until their saliva flow has already dropped by 50 percent. Symptoms can include: a feeling of soreness in the mouth, stickiness to the touch and cracking at the corners of the mouth; the mouth looking red and parched , having a pebbled look to the tongue; difficulty to eating dry of spicy foods; food just not tasting like it use to; difficulty speaking; a tendency to wake up more often during the night and bad breath.
What are the causes of dry mouth?
Reduction in saliva flow can be a caused by four underlying causes:
1) Medicines. The more medicines you take the more likely you are to suffer from dry mouth. Many everyday medicines cause dry mouth, including over-the-counter cold remedies and antihistamines, anti-depressants, some beta-blockers, anti-hypertensive and diuretics.
2) Age. A slight decrease in saliva flow is natural as a result of age.
3) Sjögren’s Syndrome and Diabetes are two common causes of dry mouth. Sjögren's Syndrome is a condition where the body's immune system malfunctions and attacks the body's own tear and salivary glands. Diabetes, meanwhile, can cause increased urination or an underlying metabolic or hormonal problem which results in dry mouth.
4) Cancer and its treatment. Neck and head cancer patients who have been surveyed ranked dry mouth as one of their most distressing symptoms. Radiotherapy is the worst culprit, affecting the salivary glands and causing a near-total reduction in saliva flow. Many never regain their full flow.
My 101 yr. old mother-in-law could not survive without Biotene dry mouth spray. Her mouth gets so dry that she has a hard time swallowing. This product gives her great relief! It really works!
this product works well - and the " minty " fresh taste is pleasant