BioFilm is the thin film of bacteria, also known as plaque, which builds up in the mouth and attacks the teeth and gums. It is one of the first symptoms of dry mouth, where a lack of saliva leaves the mouth unprotected. With regular brushing, Biotene PBF Plaque Dissolving Dry MouthToothpaste helps loosen BioFilm for a cleaner, fresher mouth.
- Fights cavities
- Special formulated for dry mouth
- Relieves oral irritations due to dry mouth
- Contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
- Gentle, low-foaming formula
Each Biotene product contains the patented Biotene Triple Enzyme System, which comprises three enzymes and one protein that are found naturally in human saliva. These triple enzymes help to boost and maintain the vital antibacterial protection that is essential for a healthy mouth, at the same time providing the moisture essential for oral comfort.
The Biotene range of oral care products have been specially designed to both tackle the problem of discomfort from a dry mouth and the oral health problems caused by a lack of saliva in the mouth.
The Important Roles and Functions of Saliva
- Saliva is 99% water, and the other 1% is made of proteins like enzymes.
- Saliva is the source of the body’s major defence system. The enzymes in saliva reduce harmful bacteria, while leaving beneficial bacteria and helps maintain a healthy oral balance of flora.
- Saliva keeps the teeth and gums healthy and eliminates bad breath.
- Saliva also plays an important role in Digestion, Taste and Speech.
- The prolonged disruption to the normal flow of saliva will cause dry mouth, thereby lessening the protective action of the salivary enzyme system.
How to use Biotene Original Dry Mouth Toothpaste:
Adults and children upwards of 6 years: Brush for 2 minutes with Biotene Dry Mouth Toothpaste in place of your regular brand, three times daily, preferably after meals, or as directed by your dentist.
Children 2 to 6 years: Use only a pea-sized amount and supervise brushing and rinsing.
Warnings relating to Biotene Original Dry Mouth Toothpaste:
Keep out of the reach of children under 6 years of age. If accidentally swallowed more than used for brushing, seek medical advice.
Active Ingredients: Sodium Monofluorophosphate (0.14% w/v Fluoride Ion) (Anticavity)
Inactive Ingredients: Calcium Lactate, Cellulose Gum, D&C Yellow 10, FD&C Blue 1, Beta D Glucose, Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Isoceteth 20, Poloxamer, Potassium Thiocyanate, Sodium Benzoate, Sorbitol, Xylitol, Natural Enzymes: Glucose Oxidase, Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, Lysozyme, Mutanase, Dextranase
Great for keeping plaque away!
I have been using this toothpaste for over 4 years. I used to have extra plaque buildup no matter how much I brushed until I found this toothpaste. This formula does keep plaque away. When I go to the dentist he notices how much cleaner my teeth are.