This tall wall-mounted gate is perfect for extra-large openings. Expand this gate with available extensions to close off openings up to thirteen feet. Convenient 17" wide walk-through door installs at either gate end and opens with a simple spring release that operates with one hand. Gate includes a smaller 8" x 9" high pass-through door perfect for cats or smaller pets. Walk-through door swings open in either direction. Slats are spaced 2-1/2" apart. Screw-mount hardware easily installs. Extensions attach opposite the walk-through door and can be combined to secure the largest of openings.
* The 38-inch height makes this gate great for large pets while the ability to expand from 37 to 60 inches makes it perfect for extra wide openings.
* Can expand to an incredible 13 feet wide with the use of additional 24-inch extensions.
* Convenient walk-through design has an easy, one-touch release handle.
* Patented pet door is 10 inches by 7 inches to let small pets pass through, while everyone else stays put.
* Simple wall mounts are easy to install and remove.
* All-Steel construction is sturdy, durable, lead-free, non-toxic and chew-proof.
|Brand||Carlson Pet Products|
|Manufacturer||Carlson Pet Products|
Using Your Maxi Gate:
Use the Gate to secure large openings within your house while still allowing access between gated locations. Once installed, you can easily pass through the gate by using the one-handed, spring-operated latch and swing the door wither inwards or outwards, depending on how the gate is mounted.
Hardware mounted gates are considered safer than pressure gates because they are permanently mounted. They are best suited for areas where safety is paramount, such as at the top of the stairs. No one likes to drill holes, but a little putty or spackling can save an agonizing trip to the hospital emergency room. The screws, included with this gate, are for mounting directly into wood. Installation into other surfaces, such as drywall, brick, wrought iron or glass blocks require additional hardware available from any hardware store or home improvement center.
Installing your Maxi Gate
To install your gate, you will need a pencil, Phillips head screwdriver, and a hand or electric drill with a small (up to 1/8") drill bit.
1. Measure the opening you would like to secure.
2. If necessary, add individual panels to create a gate of sufficient length.
A. Attach Panels together by using one Metal Pin in both the top and bottom Panel expanse.
3. Screw a Metal Bolt into each of the end Panel openings.
4. Place the Gate in the desired opening.
5. With a pencil, mark the height of each end of the Metal Bolt Ends.
6. Remove the Gate from the opening.
7. Hold one Mounting Plate against the previously made pencil mark.
8. With a pencil, mark each of the Screw Holes.
9. Repeat Steps #6 and 7 for the second, third, and fourth Mounting Plate.
10. With a Hand or Electric Drill, drill a small pilot hole for each of the screw locations.
11. Using a Phillips Screwdriver and the included Metal Screws, affix each Mounting Plate to each side of the desired opening.
12. Once secure, reposition the Gate in the opening.
13. Slightly lift each Gate end to slip the flat end of each Bolt behind the notch on the Mounting Plate.
14. If necessary, adjust the length of each Bolt by screwing it farther into the Gate.
Cleaning your Maxi Gate
If necessary, hand wash your gate with soft a wet cloth and a mild soap. Ensure the gate is thoroughly rinsed and towel or air dried before returning to your pet's environment.