Sentry Fiproguard is a topical flea and tick treatment that protects your pets from fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
As a generic equivalent of Frontline® Top Spot®, Fiproguard uses the same active ingredient, fipronil, in the same concentration. Fiproguard battles adult pests to keep your pets comfortable and safe – but at a lower price.*
Using the same active ingredient, fipronil, and at the same concentration as Frontline® Top Spot®, FiproGuard topical treatment provides your dog with rapid protection against adult pests. It costs less and is available at convenient retail locations.
- Kills fleas & ticks
- Kills chewing lice.
- Protects your dog and your family against the diseases fleas and ticks spread, including Lyme disease.
- For use on puppies and dogs 8 weeks of age and older.
- Produced in the U.S.
*Frontline® and Top Spot® are registered trademarks of Merial. SENTRY® Fiproguard™ is not manufactured by or distributed by Merial. Fiproguard™ contains fipronil, the active ingredient used in Frontline® Top Spot®. Pricing based on MSRP of Fiproguard™ and retail price survey of Frontline® Top Spot® as of February 15, 2012.
SENTRY® Fiproguard™ MAX contains fipronil combined with a second active ingredient. In independent studies comparing the efficacy of the combination of ingredients in Fiproguard™ MAX to Frontline® Plus, more fleas and ticks died within the first hour after application of the combination of ingredients in Fiproguard™ MAX. This high level of efficacy was maintained throughout the month.
ONLY use Fiproguard on dogs over 8 weeks of age.
Applying the Products
- Remove product tubes from the package.
- Separate one tube from the others.
- Holding the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body, cut off the narrow end at the notches with scissors.
How to Apply For small , medium and large-sized dogs (up to 88 pounds)
- Invert tube over dog or cat and use open end to part your dog or cat's hair.
- Squeeze tube firmly to apply all of the solution to the animal's skin as a spot to the animal's back between the shoulder blades.
Active Ingredient: Fipronil 9.70%
Other ingredient**: 90.30%
**diethylene glycol monoethyl ether
Big savings and really works!
After being assured by a vet that this does have the same ingredients as Frontline, which I was currently using, I did not hesitate to give Fiproguard a try since there is such a price savings.
The product does indeed work equal to Frontline! There has been absolutely no increase in the # of ticks on my two dogs, and no bad reactions of any kind. The only thing I noticed different was it leaves a powdery residue where applied, instead of the oily mess Frontline leaves. I find that a plus! I am thrilled with how it works and the thought of how much this will save me!