Joint Structure and Function
• Chondrotin Sulfates are 2 types of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) that support the proper structure and function of healthy connective tissues and joints. The purified chondroitin sulfates in this product are derived from Certified BSE Free Bovine Tracheal Cartilage, which is a rich source of biologically-active Chondroitin.
• Glucosamine is a necessary building block for manufacturing Chondroitin Sulfates, and makes up 50% of Hyaluronic Acid - the principal component of synovial fluid. As dogs age and with injury, there is a decrease in the production of Chondrotin Sulfates and Hyaluronic Acid, which can result in joint stress, thinning of synovial fluid, and breakdown of connective tissue. Glucosamine promotes joint comfort as well as greater mobility to the stressed joints.
• Hyaluronic Acid (sodium hyaluronate) is a key ingredient for joint health because it is found naturally in high concentrations within cartilage and synovial fluid. Its primary function is to provide lubrication and cushioning. Research has shown Hyaluronic Acid to be a valuable component of joint support products.
• Manganese is an essential mineral that aids in the formation of collagen and glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) such as Chondroitin Sulfates and Hyaluronic acid.
• (Methylsulfonylmethane) MSM is a source of organic sulfur that supports the joints and connective tissue.
• Vitamin C is required for the production of collagen and GAGs. As an antioxidant, Vitamin C also protects tissue from damage caused by free radicals.
• Dimethyglycine (DMG) is a patented versatile metabolic enhancer.* It supports joint health through immune system modulation, circulation, oxygen utilization and antioxidant protection.* A recent study has been done by Dr. John Lawson at Clemson University on the joint supporting properties of DMG.
• MSM is a source of organic sulfur that is used to support joint comfort and circulation.
• Omega 3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) have been shown to support joint comfort by supporting the immune response.
Hip + Joint XL contains a full complement of joint support ingredients for the larger dog. It combines Hyaluronic Acid (HA), with MSM, Chondroitin Sulfates, Glucosamine, Omega 3 fatty acids, Dimethylglycine) (DMG, Vitamin C, and Manganese for dogs with advanced need for joint support. HIP+JOINT XL incorporates Hyamax™ brand HA into the formula because of its low molecular weight which ensures optimal absorption and utilization of this important ingredient. Hip + Joint XL is a comprehensive formula for the support of hip, joint and connective tissue functions in large dogs at any stage of life.
Hip + Joint is designed to support:
- Joint Comfort & Flexibility
- Joint Structure & Mobility
- Connective Tissue Health & Muscle Function
- Aged Dog
Dogs over 75 lbs: Give 2 chews daily.
Active Ingredients Per 2 Chews:
Glucosamine HCl (Shrimp and Crab) . . 1,125 mg
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) . . . . . . 600 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate (Bovine) . . . . . .400 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) . . . . . . . 150 mg
N, N-Dimethylglycine HCl (DMG) . . . . .150 mg
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) . . . . . . .27 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) . . . . . . . 18 mg
Manganese (Mn Proteinate) . . . . . . . .10 mg
Hyaluronic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . .10 mg
Inactive Ingredients: allspice, barley flour, brewer’s yeast, chicken liver flavor, citric acid, corn oil, fish oil concentrate, glycerin, mixed tocopherols, nutmeg, oat flour, oat meal, propionic acid, proprietary blend (maltodextrin, sodium alginate, calcium sulfate), rice flour, rosemary extract, rye flour, silicon dioxide, soy lecithin, vegetable oil.