OptaGest is a complete digestive formula to quickly relieve gas and diarrhea, while supporting a strong immune system and a healthy skin and coat. The 4 plant-based enzymes ensure proper digestion and absorption of nutrients throughout the entire digestive system. Clinically-proven levels of the prebiotic FOS selectively feed the native bacteria naturally present in your pet’s healthy GI system. OptaGest contains NO fillers, sugar, or preservatives. Slightly sweet flavor pets enjoy. NASC Quality Seal and 100% guaranteed. Made in the USA.
In Clover's OptaGest is a complete digestive aid for dogs and cats, containing both enzymes and prebiotic. The four enzymes help process fats, carbohydrates and protein, easing the burden placed on the digestive system. The prebiotic, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), provides food for the native intestinal bacteria. Naturally occurring bacteria are an important GI system component in keeping your pet's digestive and immune systems healthy.
The 4 plant-based enzymes in OptaGest assure proper digestion and absorption of nutrients throughout the entire digestive system:
- Protease - provides protein digestion in the stomach and small intestine to build muscle; Aspergillus sourced protease is acid-stable to survive the low-pH of the gastric juices.
- Amylase - digests starchy foods to release simple sugars for energy
- Cellulase - provides dogs and cats with the enzyme they lack to digest cellulose, reducing the bulking effect of fibrous foods
- Lipase - digests triglycerides and fatty acids allowing the pet to absorb Vitamins A, D, E and K and Omega-3 Fatty Acids (very helpful for pets eating food with Omega-3 Fatty Acids added or those taking fish oil supplements).
What Makes OptaGest Different?
- 4 Plant Enzymes PLUS Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) in clinically tested levels
- NO fillers such as lactose or grain to cause further digestive upset
- No artificial flavors, only a tasty, slightly sweet powder that pets enjoy (in taste test trials, dogs and cats equally found the flavor to be yummy)
|Size||100 or 300 gm|
The easiest way is to simply add the suggested amount to your pet's meal. It's okay to give OptaGest once a day, or if you feed more than once a day, you can split the recommended amount to give a portion with each meal.
An alternative method is to mix the OptaGest® with water; ¼ teaspoon OptaGest® to one eighth cup of water is about right.
|Under 20 lbs||1/4 Teaspoon|
|21 - 40 lbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|41 - 65 lbs||3/4 Teaspoon|
|66 - 80 lbs||1 Teaspoon|
|81 - 100 lbs||1 1/4 Teaspoons|
|Over 100 lbs||1 1/2 Teaspoons|
|FOS: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)*||707mg|
|Plant Based Enzyme Blend*||(non GMO): 45mg|
|Protease (Aspergillus oryzae)||18,556 mmoles tyrosine liberated/min./g|
|Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae)||2,025 mg starch liberated/min./g|
|Lipase (Rhizopus oryzae)||1,033 mmoles fatty acid liberated/min./g|
|Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum)||203 relative fluidity change units of carboxymethylcellulose liberated/5 min./g|
Best product & best price
My GSD has had digestive issues since I adopted him. I tried everything! This is the only product that works and keeps him diarrhea free.
My spaniels were horrible during the summer with their stools. A bit of optagest in there diet cleared it right up - very happy with the results , thanks