About THE FORMULA
• Colostrum Calming Complex is isolated from the milk protein casein and is known for its calming effects, and it works synergistically with the L-Theanine in this formula.
• L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation, reduces irritability and low mood states. L-Theanine has been extensively researched for its ability to help curb destructive behavior. L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea that is a derivative of glutamic acid a neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps the body to produce other calming amino acids, such as Dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan and helps bring certain neurotransmitters into better balance. Studies done on L-Theanine showed that dogs were calm and relaxed without adverse effects or drowsiness; dogs were alert, playful, and calmer than expected, given their situations.
B Vitamins help manage stress and help maintain normal disposition. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) has been shown to affect the central nervous system to help calm and relax anxious animals. Because Thiamine is not stored in the body, increased activity, stress, illness, or increased metabolism deplete its levels in the body. Deficiencies cause mental confusion, muscular weakness, muscle spasms, nervousness, and weight and appetite loss during periods of stress.
CALMING does not contain any herbal ingredients (Kava Kava, Valerian, St. John’s Wort, etc.) or L-Tryptophan. Its ingredients do not cause side effects, addiction, and drowsiness or impaired motor skills.
When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, and destructive or aggressive behavior; Calming helps alleviate stress related behavior problems without affecting your animal’s personality or energy level. It can be used daily or when extra help to relax is needed.
It contains a combination of factors not found in other calming formulas such as a Colostrum Calming Complex, L-Theanine and Thiamine (Vitamin B1) which all address stress and calming.
Calming support formula recommended for pets exposed to increased environmental stressors. It’s the natural way to get the crazy out of your kitty.
• Changes to Environment
• Company or Parties
• Veterinary or Grooming Visits
• Boarding or Holidays
• Boredom or Separation Stress
• Moving or Traveling
• Fireworks and Thunderstorms
Up to 15 lbs: Give 1 soft chew daily.
During times of increased stress: It is safe to double or triple the above amount, as needed.
Active Ingredients Per Approximately 1 Soft Chew:
Thiamine (Vitamin B1) . . . . . 31.25 mg
L-Theanine . . . . . . . . . . .10.56 mg
Colostrum Calming Complex . . . .5.28 mg
Inactive Ingredients: brewer’s yeast, canola oil, chicken liver flavor, citric acid, glycerin, mixed tocopherols, propionic acid, proprietary blend (maltodextrin, sodium alginate and calcium sulfate), rosemary extract, silicon dioxide, soy lecithin, vegetable oil, whey.
I have a cat that freaks out when my dog starts to bark.I have used a pheramone collar on him when things get really bad. I have not needed one for about 4 months now. I give him !/2 of a treat every morning, but when he shows signs of stress I will increase to one in the morning. That is usually enough. I can also add one at night if needed. Unlike pheramone collar this does not make the cat doppy. Still keep one on hand just in case, since he upsets the whole house when he freaks out.