A calming support formula recommended for dogs exposed to increased environmental stressors. When dogs cannot adapt to stress, it can lead to anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity, frayed nerves, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, trembling or shivering and destructive or aggressive behavior. CALMING is for dogs exhibiting nervousness, hyperactivity, anxiety or responding to environmentally induced stress. It’s an advanced formula that contains a combination of nutritional factors not found in other calming formulas that supports balanced behavior. It can be used daily or just when extra help to relax is needed.
Calming combines L-Theanine (Suntheanine® brand), Thiamine (Vitamin B1), and Colostrum Calming Complex, which all address stress and calming. Thiamine specifically has been shown to affect the central nervous system to help calm and soothe anxious animals. Extensive research and documentation from over 45 studies suggest Suntheanine® brand L-Theanine is helpful at reducing stress and anxiety. We have also added Colostrum Calming Complex, which is known for its calming effects.
Under 25 lbs: Give 1/4 teaspoon, twice daily.
26 - 49 lbs: Give 1/2 teaspoon, twice daily.
50 - 75 lbs: Give 3/4 teaspoon, twice daily.
76 lbs and over: Give 1 teaspoon, twice daily.
|Active Ingredients||Amount Per 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)||31.25 mg|
|L-Theanine (Suntheanine® brand)||10.56 mg|
|Colostrum Calming Complex||5.28 mg|
Inactive Ingredients: cornstarch, glycerin, guar gum, lecithin (from soy), maltodextrin, non-fat milk solids, silicon dioxide, sorbic acid, sucrose, vegetable oil, water.
• A calming support formula recommended for animals exposed to increased environmental stressors.
• When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to nervousness, hyperactivity, excess barking, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, and destructive or aggressive behavior.
• Recommended for:
- Changes to Environment
- Company or Parties
- Veterinary or Grooming Visits
- Boarding or Holidays
- Boredom or Separation Stress
- Moving or Traveling
- Medications or Vaccinations
- Fireworks and Thunderstorms
• It combines a Colostrum Calming Complex from milk protein hydrolysate with L-Theanine, Thiamine (B1), and Lecithin (from soy) which all address stress management and calming.
• The Colostrum Calming Complex is isolated from colostrum proteins which have a calming effect on animals. These bioactive proteins have been found to support cognitive functioning and support stress reduction. The Colostrum Calming Complex works synergistically with the L-Theanine in this formula to promote relaxation and cognition.
• L-Theanine supports calming and relaxation, reduces irritability and low mood states. We use the Suntheanine® brand which has extensive research and documentation, that suggest it is helpful in the area of reducing stress and supporting calmness. L-Theanine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in green tea that is a derivative of glutamic acid a neurotransmitter in the brain. It helps the body to produce other calming amino acids, such as dopamine, GABA and Tryptophan and helps bring certain neurotransmitters into better balance. Studies done on L-Theanine showed that dogs reduced stress related behavior problems without adverse effects, and no reported drowsiness; dogs were alert, playful, and calmer than expected given their situations.
• Lecithin is calming to the nervous system. It is a phospholipid that contains Choline and Inositol which help to support brain function and reduce stress.
• B Vitamins help manage stress and help reduce irritability. Thiamine (Vitamin B1) specifically has been shown to affect the central nervous system to help calm and sooth anxious animals. Because Thiamine is not stored in the body, increased activity, stress, illness, or metabolism depletes its levels in the body. Deficiencies cause mental confusion, muscular weakness, muscle spasms, nervousness, and weight and appetite loss during periods of stress.
• Calming for Cats and Dogs does not contain any herbal ingredients (Kava Kava, Valerian, St. John’s wort, etc.) or L- Tryptophan. The ingredients in Calming for Cats and Dogs do not cause side effects, addiction, drowsiness or impair motor skills.
• It can be used daily or just when extra help to relax is needed.