A Vitamin/Mineral Supplement for Older Dogs. Daily Best Senior is a comprehensive multiple vitamin/mineral formula containing nutrients that are important to support immune, cardiovascular, G.I. tract, eye, skin, connective tissue, joint, liver, and brain health.
Under 20 lbs: Give 1 tablet daily.
20 - 70 lbs: Give 2 tablets daily.
Over 70 lbs: Give 3 tablets daily.
When giving more than one tablet, divide between AM and PM.
|Active Ingredients||Amount per Tablet|
|L- Proline||10 mg|
|Linoleic Acid||5 mg|
|Calcium (5.0%)||100 mg|
|Phosphorus (1.9%)||37.5 mg|
|Potassium (0.02%)||0.375 mg|
|Magnesium (2.5%)||50 mg|
|Iron (2250 ppm)||4.5 mg|
|Copper (2.3 ppm)||0.0045 mg|
|Manganese (1000 ppm)||2 mg|
|Zinc (75 ppm)||1.5 mg|
|Iodine (3 ppm)||0.06 mg|
|Selenium (0.75 ppm)||0.015 mg|
|Vitamin A||1500 IU|
|Vitamin D3||75 IU|
|Vitamin E||10 IU|
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)||7.5 mg|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||3.75 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid||7.5 mg|
|Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6)||3.75 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.003 mg|
|Vitamin B12||0.003 mg|
|* L-Taurine||200 mg|
|*Alpha Linolenic Acid||5 mg|
|*Docosahexaenoic Acid||4.5 mg|
|*Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||50 mg|
|*P-aminobenzoic Acid||3.75 mg|
|*Betaine Hydrochloride||75.0 mg|
|*Lipase (A. orzyae)||0.75 FIP4|
|*Bromelain (Pineapple)||2.7 GD3|
|*Pepsin (Pork)||13,500 FCC1|
|*Protease (A. orzyae)||0.45 HUT2|
|* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles|
Ingredients: Brewers dried yeast, tricalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, l-taurine, magnesium oxide, natural hickory smoke flavor, natural liver flavor, betaine hydrochloride, stearic acid, choline bitartrate, ascorbic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium stearate, l-methionine, iron proteinate, l-glycine, l-carnitine, l-cysteine, l-histidine, l-lysine, manganese amino acid chelate, kelp (source of iodine), lecithin, vitamin E supplement, zinc gluconate, l-proline, carrot powder, d-calcium pantothenate, silicon dioxide, thiamine HCl, niacinamide, inositol, lipase (from aspergillus oryzae), sodium selenite, linoleic acid, alpha linolenic acid, bromelain (from dried pineapple), pepsin (pork), protease (from aspergillus oryzae), riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, p-aminobenzoic acid, vitamin A (acetate), potassium citrate, xanthophyll, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, cobalt citrate, copper gluconate, folic acid
• A Vitamin/Mineral Supplement for Older Dogs. Daily Best Senior is a comprehensive multiple vitamin/mineral formula containing nutrients that are important to support immune, cardiovascular, G.I. tract, eye, skin, connective tissue, joint, liver, and brain health.
• Daily Best Senior incorporates important components necessary to the health of senior dogs, which are not always found in commercial dog food or ordinary supplements. For instance, the amino acid Taurine is vital for maintaining the health of the heart, blood cells, muscles, and the central nervous system.
• The amino acids L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Cysteine, L-Proline, and L-Lysine were added to our advanced Senior formula. These amino acids help to support enzymes, antibodies, and hormones. L-Cysteine is a sulfur containing amino acid that is important for maintaining glutathione (GSH) levels for optimal antioxidant protection. We’ve also increased the levels of L-Methionine, an amino acid that is important in methylation reactions and SAMe production. Adding L-Cysteine and increasing L-Methionine levels is important because GSH is the master antioxidant of the cell and SAMe is the body’s major methyl donor and levels of these two important nutrients decrease with age.
• We have doubled the amount of Choline which supports proper nervous system function and normal liver function and fat metabolism. A deficiency of Choline may result in fatty build-up in the liver, an inability to digest fat efficiently, and kidney or liver dysfunction.
• We have increased the amount of Vitamins A and E which provide antioxidant protection to aging dogs as well as supporting normal cell division, immune system and cardiovascular function. They also support nerve, blood vessel, and skin health. Vitamin A is also important for eye health in aging dogs. Increasing the levels of Vitamin A and Vitamin E is important because of the increased essential fatty acids supplied in this supplement and these vitamins will help maintain the integrity of the fats in this supplement as well as the fats in the dog’s body.
• We have added ten times more Betaine to our senior formula due to its beneficial methyl donating effects that supports optimal function and health of the cardiovascular, neurological, and liver detoxification systems.
• We’ve added Alpha Linolenic acid (an Omega-3 fatty acid) and increased the levels of Linoleic Acid (an Omega-6 fatty acid) for a balanced source of fatty acids. These essential fatty acids cannot be made by the body and are important for skin and coat, cardiovascular function and nerve transmission. They are vital components of every cell’s membrane and are used by the body for production of hormones and prostaglandins.
• No other senior formula contains such a complete range of vital nutrients at optimal levels that are essential to the health of aging dogs. Daily Best Senior is a tasty natural hickory smoke flavored chewable tablet that dogs love the taste of.