About THE FORMULA
• Glucosamine supports the production of chondroitin sulfates and hyaluronic acid which are 2 glycosaminoglycans that support joint comfort, flexibility and give greater mobility to stressed joints.
• Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a source of organic sulfur. Sulfur supports proper maintenance of connective tissue function.
• Chondroitin Sulfates support the proper structure and function of healthy connective tissues and joints. The purified chondroitin sulfates in this product are derived from certified BSE Free Bovine Tracheal Cartilage, which is a rich source of biologically-active Chondroitin.
• Vitamin C and Manganese are required for the production of collagen and for the production of glycos aminoglycans like chondroitin sulfates and hyaluronic acid. As an antioxidant, Vitamin C also protects tissues from free radical damage.
• Dimethylglycine (DMG) supports the production of many constituents in the body. It acts as an antioxidant to protect the joints from free radical damage.
• Omega-3 fatty acids, Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) from fish oil, are precursors to the PGE3 series of prostaglandins, which are substances important to proper body regulation and joint comfort. Fish oil is also important for optimal joint function. It balances prostaglandins and leukotrienes to support joint and connective tissue health.
Hip + Joint is a comprehensive formula for the support of hip, joint and connective tissue function for dogs in any stage of life. Hip + Joint is a tasty chew that offers a strong line of defense, whether your goal is to support the joint structure and function of a healthy pet or to help with flexibility and joint comfort in older or injured pets. Because age, breed, diet, lifestyle, injury, and stress can affect the health of any joint, Hip + Joint Chews are designed to meet the needs of your dog! This synergistic combination of ingredients optimizes your dog’s joint function and comfort; while at the same time providing building blocks necessary to support normal joint structure.
Hip + Joint is recommended for:
• Dogs with an advanced need of joint support
• Geriatric, retired, working or sporting breeds
• Dogs predisposed to joint and connective tissue stress
• Dogs recovering from accidents or post-surgery
Up to 25 lbs: 1 soft chew daily.
25 - 75 lbs: 2 - 3 soft chews daily.
Over 75 lbs: 4 - 6 soft chews daily.
If giving more than 1 soft chew, divide between AM and PM. For quicker results, double the recommended amounts above for the first 6 weeks.
Active Ingredients Per Approximately 2 Soft Chews:
Glucosamine HCl . . . . . . . . . 750 mg
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) . . . 400 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate . . . . . . . 400 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Stay-C® Brand) . . 100 mg
N,N-Dimethylglycine HCl (DMG) . . 100 mg
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) . . . .18 mg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) . . . . 12 mg
Manganese (Mn Proteinate) . . . . . 5 mg
Inactive Ingredients: allspice, brewer’s yeast, chicken liver flavor, corn oil, fish oil, glycerin, natural mixed tocopherols, nutmeg, propionic acid, soy lecithin, SureSweet™ (maltodextrin, sodium alginate and calcium sulfate), whey.