Essential Oils for Anxiety
Anxiety is a common disorder that is often hard to treat. Everyone experiences anxiety at some point in their life, some more than others. The condition is triggered by different things depending on the person and medication is not always the best treatment for anxiety because it can produce some undesirable side effects. There are several very helpful essential oils for anxiety including bergamot, cedarwood and lavender. Better yet, some oils can be combined for optimal effects.
The following essential oils for anxiety are noted for their importance in proper meditation and anxiety reduction. It is recommended to use them together for an all-natural solution to combating anxiety.
• Bergamot Oil has a refreshing and uplifting scent. The aroma has the ability to lift you spiritually and rids your mind of negative thoughts. It keeps your emotional health balanced and can even help you feel focused. Bergamot is also known to be an anti-depressant.
• Frankincense Oil has long been known for it's ability to induce a meditative state. It's comforting properties help focus the mind to overcome stress and despair.
• Lavender Oil is rejuvenating because of its flowery scent. It has the power to decrease anxiety and release tension from your body.
Try these recipes using the above essential oils for anxiety:
1) Drop a 6-10 drops of your chosen essential oil, or blend more than one,
into a warm bath while and soak for 15 minutes breathing slowly and deeply.
2) Add 20 drops of one oil, or a blend of oils, to a tablespoon of carrier oil, such
as Sweet Almond Oil, and use as a massage on your neck, shoulders,
forehead or temples. It’s best if the oils are used on you—that is how
aromatherapy works best.
3) Add a few drops of your chosen oil to a cotton ball or cloth, close your eyes
and and inhale the scent deeply off and on throughout they day.
4) Place a drop of oils into a hot bowl of water. Hang your head over the bowl
and breathe deeply for a few minutes.